HOPE AND DIGNITY RESTORED TO
THE DESTITUTE ELDERLY
Michael's House is Changing lives – right now
Michael’s House Inc. is a non-profit grassroots organization that serves the elderly poor in the developing world who have become invisible, who receive no funds from government organizations or other large aid foundations. It is through gifts that they now have a face and dignity in their daily lives. We bring aid to the lives that others have deemed hopeless.
Our Summer 2016 Newsletter is here!
- The Celtic Knot - Founder, Michael Craig shares the inspiration and symbolism in the Michael's House logo
- Michael's House: How Together We Make A Difference
- A Look at your generosity at work in Nairobi Kenya
- Update on Sorghum for South Sudan Project
Read these articles and more in our Summer 2016 Newsletter.
7th ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT to benefit Michaels' House
On Tuesday, May 10,2016 Hawkins Electric Service and Hawkins Electrical Construction sponsored the Seventh Annual Michaelís House Golf Tournament at the Whiskey Creek Golf Course in Ijamsville, MD. An immense thank you to them and their sponsors. Their continued support enables us to feed, provide medical care, and save the lives of many elderly.
Please consider contributing to the "Sorghum for South Sudan" This special project will provide ground sorghum flour for the most vulnerable elderly and their dependent grandchildren in Wau, South Sudan. See details here. To donate online, use the PayPal or Network for Good buttons below.
HIGHLIGHTS from our Fall 2015 Newsletter
- South Sudan Update: Food Costs Spike as Inflation Rises Over 58% ; Roof Repairs CompletedOther Stories:
- ďA Day of Thanks Giving to the Michael HouseĒ Celebration in Rwanda
- "Abandoned Elderly and Disappeared Families: Insights of the Refugee Crisis". An article by the Founder of Michael's House
- Providing Pensions in Tanzania - Meet two of our pensioners who benefit from your support.
- More news and photos in the Fall Newsletter
Log onto Amazon Smile and designate Michaelís House Inc. (Burtonsville) as your charity. A portion of all your future purchases will benefit Michaelís House. And you get the same product selection and pricing as shopping at Amazon.com.
HIGHLIGHTS from our Spring 2015 Newsletter
- Providing Aid to Wau, South Sudan
Michaelís House is responding to the crisis in South Sudan by providing aid to the destitute elderly and their dependent grandchildren in the city of Wau.
- We are providing dura (sorghum), the staple cereal of South Sudan, beans, sugar, oil. salt, and soap for personal hygiene and laundry.
- Your donations are funding roof repair as the wet season approaches and the purchase of cooking pots. Michaelís House is also funding new huts for homeless families. Read the article and see more photos.
- Other stories:
- Making a Difference in Kenya, Ethiopia, Honduras and Tanzania
- Serendipity: How a Two-Week Trip Inspired the Creation of Michaelís House - Michael Craig, Founder of Michael's House shares his story.
Photos from Butare, Rwnanda and the elderly that Michael's House helped with your donations. The joy of these elderly was indescribable. The comments by those receiving mattresses were especially poignant as some weep for joy:
"I can not imagine the kind of sleep I will sleep tonight and the rest of my life in a blanket on a mattress”” ....read more
Our founder, Michael Craig, provides his perspective on the difference between being poor, which many of have been at some time in our life, and the destitute elderly in developing countries. See the article here
"We have made a commitment to hundreds of destitute elderly in third world countries who will fall between the cracks if we don't help them. We cannot renege on our promise. It is absolutely not an option.
During the current economic world crisis, the immediate need for Michael's House is to be able to continue to support our current daily expenses; food, shelter, pensions, medicines and surgeries. Recently, we have experienced a decrease in our donations at a time when the need and the cost of food in the countries we serve has increased dramatically to the point of catastrophe.
We desperately need your continued financial support so that we will be able to perform these daily "miracles' to support the most indigent of the world's elderly population.
Please give whatever you can afford and help us also by introducing our unique projects to your church, friends or workmates.
Volunteers from Michael's House Inc. are available to make a presentation to your group if it would help." - Michael Craig, Founder